The Armory Art Center will open its second location called the Armory Art Center Annex in downtown Lake Worth. Formally the shuffleboard center, this 5,000 square foot building, is located at 1121 Lucerne Avenue. The year-long lease was awarded to the Armory by the Lake Worth Community Redevelopment Agency. It allows the art center the opportunity to enhance to the growing Lake Worth art community already in place. The role out of programming will be incremental starting in late May. The Full schedule of exhibitions, events, workshops, and classes will be in place by June 23rd.
- The Armory Art Center Annex will serve the local community in the following ways
- focus on and feature local artist through exhibitions and teaching opportunities
- provide outreach programs for youth and adults
- offer classes and workshops during the day, at night, and on weekends
- serve an audience from Lake Worth and the surrounding west and southern areas
- make available studio space for 2 D artists
- The schedule will include exhibitions, one-time Art on the Go! classes and eight week classes. Armory instructors will teach classes in drawing, mixed media painting, oil painting and photography for adults and drawing and BAK and Dreyfoos prep classes to youth . Exhibitions by local artists will include Bob Vail, and MeWe Goethe, Lisette Cedeno, Kenneth Gryzmaia, Nune Asatryan and Lisa Solon.
This is not written by moi but a post I picked up from a very reliable source