What splendid weather we are having, the weather merchants keep pummeling us with cold cold cold but I see sunshine, blue sky’s fluffy clouds and a fabulous weekend ahead of us. Culminating with Lake Worth’s own Gay Pride Parade on Sunday.
- Thursday Night Peddlers meet up in Bryant Park parking lot around 6 p.m. and ride at 6:30 heading south first along the inter-coastal. It is a leisure ride, open to entire families who bike together. Occurres every Thursday weather permitting.
- visit the Jaffe Center for Book Arts at FAU Under the direction of John Cutrone ” John comes to JCBA as a letterpress printer, bookbinder and paper maker.” he is a resident of Lake Worth. The Jaffe Collection is one of the largest and most varied collections of its kind in the country. ” The collection includes over 6,000 titles in our main database, including such important works as Keith Smith’s Book 91 (or “String Book”), an extensive collection of the work of Leonard Baskin and the Gehenna Press, and numerous pieces by book artists in the regional South Florida area.” Located, Wimberly Library on Campus, 777 Glades, Boca Raton 561.297.0226.
- Saturday 8 a.m. -1 p.m. visit our Ocean Side Farmers Market a great place to relax right on the inter-coastal waterway. Have a fresh cup of coffee, get a crumpet and have a look the many crafters who are there along with the flower sellers, organic produce, and fresh juices and other unique merchants selling one of a kind items.
- Lake Worth Casino Pool Water Exercise Saturday 11 to 12. Classes free pay admission into pool and throw Sally a dollar. She is volunteering.
- All out Pride Week under the umbrella of our own Compass LBGT community the largest of its kind in the south-east United States. I’ve gathered some of the events here for easy accesses. There already have been some notable events like the Proclamation by Mayor Pam Triolo, on March 20 proclaiming March LBGT month in the City of Lake Worth. A well attended “Marriage Equality” demonstration urging the powers that be, to recognize and allow marriage in Florida, between same-sex couples in front of City of Lake Worth’s City Hall this past Sunday
- Pride Fest at Bryant Park noon to 6 p.m. Palm Beach County’s largest gay & lesbian visibility event The event features live performances and entertainment for all ages. This years theme is FANTA-sea THE HEADLINER is Crystal Waters along with Michaela Paige, Jemiini&Recklezz, Teri Catlin Band, DJ Gill, Amos Otis, DC Cruz, Jayquan
- Voices of Pride-Disco Drag Bingo Sat. March 29, 7:30-10:30 p.m. at Finland House , 301 West Central Blvd. Lantana
$25 advance tickets (includes admission and one game book) Info@voicesofpride.org 561 247 4554
- Sunday Morning at our Olympic size pool at the Beach Water Exercise Saturday 11 to 12 and Sunday 10 to 11 . Classes are free pay admission to facility and tip Sally she is volunteering. (know how that feels)
- Pride Parade downtown Sunday 11:30 a.m along Lake Ave. culminates at Bryant park along the Inter-Coastal. Oldest running Pride Parade in Florida.
- Pride Fest day two at Bryant Park noon to 6 p.m. HEADLINER Karina Iglesias from the Voice South Florida Pride Marching Band, The Kinected, Voices of Pride, Palm Beach Makos Cheerleaders, Jemiini&Recklezz, Teri Catlin, and Velvet Lenor FYI Pride Month is celebrated in June