All the events posted here are recommendations by this blogger. The activities take place in and around quirky Lake Worth Fl. Mostly the activities are free to enjoy by the entire family. Life is good here in Lake Worth and only a 5 min. jaunt to the beach from downtown Lake Worth Fl.. WOW
- Wed. 9:30 a.m. This morning start of with a presentation. The Womens’ Club of Lake Worth invited author historian Ted Brownstein to the Towers activity room. all welcome 1500 Lucerne Ave. Also drop by and have a bite at Clary’s Corner Cafe same location open breakfast, lunch, now serving on Sundays 1500 Lucerne Ave.
- The Thursday Night Peddlers take to our neighbohood streets for a leisure ride. They meet in the parking lot of Bryant park around 6 ish and ride at 6:30 everyone with unmotorized wheels welcome.
- Friday Friday your so good to me, so much to do and see. Every other week Evening on the Avenue takes place throught the downtown where shops keep their doors open late and artists paint live in front. The main event takes place on the Cultural Plaza, entertainment and activities there start at 6 p.m. 5-9 p.m. This Friday drop by the Lake Worth Art League for the reception of their two featured artists Diana Hutchinson and Rowena Limauro. If it’s not raining you will be entertained by the Pupeteer at the corner of M and Lake Ave. (this is way cool)
- Every Saturday in season head to the Ocean Side Farmer Market . An array of wonderful things are being offered. Baked goods a particularly tasty.
- Sat. the 18th Clay Glass gallery on J st. is having a major side walk sale in anticipation of a move to a new location. while there visit the artists exhibiting in the gallery.
- Sat. the 18th The Ninth Annual Festival of Trees takes place on our Cultural Plaza. A full day of activities for everyone. Come early if your looking to purchase a tree.
- This Sunday the 19th is my kind of day. How could you not just spend time strolling from one of these events to the other. A do not miss on my list. Make it a cultural day. Can you believe it is all FREE. “Ain’t I A Woman” is being performed at the St. Andrews Episcopal Church 2:00 – 3 p.m. at 100 n Palmway, after, stroll down Lucerne Ave. to 604 Lucerne Ave. Just 4 short blocks to the the new exhibition of the Lake Worth Art League. 3 – 5 p.m. Opening reception for NEW exhibit. How can you go wrong?
BANKS CLOSED MONDAY for Martin Luther King Day
- JAN. 20, 2014 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration MONDAY Interfaith Prayer Breakfast 7:30 -9 A.M. @ St Andrew’s Lutheran Church (E. St. and 10th Ave. South) Candlelight March, 5 p.m. though downtown Lake Worth. Meet at City Hall front Dixie Hwy this is a tribute to the Freedom marches of the Civil Rights Movement. * MLK Commemorative program 5:30 at the Cultural Plaza Music and Inspirational program. MLK Fellowship Dinner 6 – 8 p. held at the First Baptist Church M street and 2nd Ave. South . Music and Inspiration continues as all break bread together.
- * A brief memory here. “when they brought the body back to Atlanta I took part of the all day march through Atlanta right past Lester Maddox’s Capitol. There was a gathering of thousands heading to the Ebenezer Baptist church where the body lay in state. All kinds of folks just joined the march as it passed. Destination, the church where he and his father both served as pastors. The whole town was in a state of shock, an all day event. It went well into the night, people kept coming to pay their respects. ” Fred Hunt, 86