Starts right here August 1, 2014 Thursday
- Going ons starting today! Participate with the Art Spirit Afternoons held on both Tues. and Thursday – noon to 4 p.m at the Shuffle Board Courts. Open to anyone who wishes to participate, or share creative time. Great for artists who want that occasional feedback, no need to work in isolation. All welcome open studio.
- Thursday Night Peddlers this bike group is getting larger another group will join up tonight. The Thursday Night Peddlers meet around 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. at Bryant Park parking lot and ride at 6:15 the other group joining will continue on a longer loop around the city.
The route goes south to 18th back north on Palm Way to 13th. Getting close to your home, stop wherever you want or continue for the entire loop around the city.
- Thursday seems to be busy busy busy. 5:30 p.m. Join the Stoke Foundation up at Mulligans, they will donate 10% of the proceeds for this evening. There are some great raffle prizes that support the Stoke Foundation. Camera Equipment, gift certificates to other restaurants, surf photo shoot, and Flip Flop painting by Auntmermaid. Lots more. The surf boards will be given to the kids who wrote in and expressed why they just had to be out there on the water and need a surf board. Local High School interns will be running this event. So Cool!
- Then something NEW for Thursdays, in the month of August. **** Starts 5:30 walk around leisurely and explore what Lucerne Ave. has to offer. Visit the Webber Gallery cross over to Miltons, there is so much more on Lucerne.
- Drop by South Shores and see artist Steve Brouse at his easel painting. Live Music in the Back Yard.
- Friday City of Lake Worth sponsors 1st Fridays on the Avenue. All the stores will be open late to accomodate. Something Special at Clay Glass Metal Stone Gallery now located on 15 s J st. its about vynil. Dancing in the Street, Hoola hoop competition, and lots of Art with Vynil. Oppa ! J st. will be closed to traffic, dance the night away. But before you head out for the evening perhaps you would enjoy Real Mail Fridays at the Jaffe Ctr. for Book Arts at FAU it’s from 3 to 6 p.m. They offer workshops and tours and John Cutrone it’s Director is a Lake Worthian.
- Remember Lake Worth Swimming pool is OPEN on Weekend
**** HOLD on to your Hat coming your way this August. since I write this blog late Wed. and this is happening on Wed. next week. “So Pretty So Dark” intriguing Title. plus some other HOLD the dates so you can plan a nice date with friends and lovers. A little birdie told me. August 11 4 p.m. Sunday you want to be at South Shore Tavern. August 19 7 p.m. the Art Opening at The French House not to be missed.