Agenda for the 4th of July week in Lake Worth Fl.
Hot off the Press One of Lakes Worths loveliest amenities, the olympic size pool scheduled to open July 4th.
- Tuesday Art Spirit Afternoons at Shuffleboard Courts from noon to 4 p.m. on Thur. the 4th there is no activity at that location.
- Wednesday neighborhood Assc. busy busy preparations to their vessel (remember these are hand built nothing manufactured allowed.) All hands on deck!
This Just in from College Park NA College Park drew the years from 1993 to 2002 for our decade. The theme we’ve chosen is College Park, the neighborhood of F.R.I.E.N.D.S taking off on the popular 90’s TV show. Our raft and crew are Wes Blackman, Bill Parson, Brent Whitfield and Michael Arevalo. Anyone wishing to join in the parade, please meet up at 9:30 on J St by the Post Office and look for the College Park banner.
- Immediately after the race, there will be a presentation on the stage at the bandshell in Bryant Park for the raft team awards – First across the finish line, Best Theme and Crowd Pleaser. Be there to cheer on all our neighbors, but especially the F.R.I.E.N.D.S of College Park. And Now lets hear from MANGO GROVES who drew the fabulous 70’s Disco era. We don’t recall all that much. Crewing our Priscilla are Captain on board David Winters, Dean Sherwin Drew Nyman, and Jennifer Sherwin.
- THURSDAY 10 a.m. 4th of JULY PARADE of participating neighborhood home built boats and crews down Lake Ave. to Bryant Park Check out these crafty vessels and costumes. Each neighborhood is presenting a 10 year era, picked out of a hat, ramdom selection.
- 11 a.m. Annual Grunge Cup race starts on inter-coastal off Bryant Park.
- Noon music starts in Bryant Park. Appearing at 1:00 School of Rock 4 p.m. The People Upstairs, 6: pm Iggy Pop, 7 p.m. Spam All Stars,
- No bike ride tonight.
- 7 p.m Sunset Dinner and Disco at Lake Worth Casino Building see the fire works from there RSVP 561 533 7385 $35 gets you food, cash bar and birds eye view of the fireworks. 9 p.m. Fireworks
- 5th of JULY Friday the activities continue brought to you by LULA, DCA and CRA , City of Lake Worth plus plus plus
- Pie Baking Contest- South Shores Tavern : Bring your home baked pies to the Southshores Tavern, 502 Lucerne Avenue, at 4 PM for the Fourth Annual Pie Baking contest. Local Chefs and celebrities will be judging this contest. Judging will take place at 5PM.
- 6 p.m. Evening on the Avenue.
- Laterns will be launched from J Street in front of the Clay Glass Metal Stone Gallery and on Lucerne in front of the South Shores Tavern,
Coastars Coffee Shop: Plant yourself in front of Coastars at 12 South J Street. Local performers will provide a non-ending evening of music and entertainment. Coastars will be giving out FREE Iced Coffee samples and pastries to celebrate this holiday.
6 p.m. Thursday night Peddlers ride TONIGHT and visit all the neet things listed here, as a group, route to be determined by vote. Meet at Bryant Park parking lot at 5:30 and ride tonight at 6 p.m. be there or be square. Don’t forget your cameras.
Pig Kissing Booth- Paws on the Avenue: The iconic Pet Shop, Paws on the Avenue welcome back the real Miss Piggy. On Friday evening you get a chance to smooch with her and have your picture taken at the same time
Turtle Racing- (wager for prizes) – The Bees Knees- Huge pet turtles are lured down Lake Avenue with promised of vegetable and lettuce. Bet on your favorite turtle and win wonderful treats for your children. The Bees Knees is located at 704 Lake Avenue.
The Sunflower Room-Cold Beer and Sparklers: The Sunflower room will be giving away cold beer and huge holiday sparklers to the first 76 (1776 after all) visitors. Sunflower Room goes all out for every holiday celebration
Watermelon Eating Contest- Cultural Plaza- Eat your heart out and win both a belly ache and a gift basket. There might also be a pit spitting contest depending upon the prowess and the power of the contestants who show up for this event. Live bands throughout the evening will end with Tou Rouj, and outstanding Haitian Drumming Group.
The DCA (Downtown Cultural Alliance) of Lake Worth, the City of Lake Worth and LULA (The Lake Worth Arts Corridor) work together to bring family events to Downtown Lake Worth on a weekly basis. All events are free. For information contact DCA: Andy Amoroso Studio 205 561-533-5272 or Joyce Brown – 15 South J Street – 215-205-9441
Our Pool is now Open Visit beautiful Lake Worth Beach and Casino Complex.