Just having been one of the recipients of a free tree, the timing could not have been better as I have endeavored to try my hand at gardening. The encouragement always welcome and help was offered and this spurred me on, help hasn’t shown up yet. So this gift of a tree was the push I needed to complete the first half of my front yard. I’d lost heart as the Beaugenvilla, I’ve been watering daily hasn’t even grown an inch in 3 mo. Not just that but it isn’t even mentioned in my hardback “Florida Gardening” book. I’ve taken a compost class given by the City of Lake Worth with Tony pictured here.
Every time I see him he has something growing healthy most likely edible . There is a magazine out there, a freebee but as I just left their site and it’s out dated, pick it up at your local grocery. It has a turtle on the cover and the heading is about sustainability. I don’t advertise but each time I see Tony he has been helpful so i’m posting his classes here. ORGANIC GARDENING CLASSES, CHILDREN UNDER 12 Free. All classes appear to be around $20. He is generous and well worth your time and money.
- First Saturday of Month High Yield – low cost backyard organic Gardening for BEGINNERS (that would be me)
- First Sun. of Month Organic Gardening for small spaces and patios for beginners. vertical gardening, organic soil preparation.
- Second Saturday of Month FREE Composting and Organic Container Gardening for beginners raised beds, trenches, container gardening.
- Second Sun. of Month Vermiculture, composting, irrigtion systems and how to maintain your organic beggieie garden with less time and save on bills. (sounds good)
- Third Saturday of Month Growing Herbs in containers: Ayuervedic and Native Herbs Medicina and culinary uses. Tropical fruit trees.
- Third Sun. of Month S. Florida Organic Gardening for Beginners: Composting/container gardening, soil.
- Fourth Sat. of Month. How to do it HANDS ON in the garden for beginners: Propagations, vermiculture, composting, low maintenance, organic pesticides, etc.
- Fourth Sun. of Month Backyard Organic farming for all levels: Raised beds, container gardening. trenches, irrigation systems, composting. (not sure Tony will see this or read it. ( If you do I have a large backyard, you could use for instructional purposes and I’m in the middle of Lake Worth downtown for the city folk )
- How do you get hold of Toni if your interested e-mail email@example.com or visit localharvest.org/farms/M20618